Sunday, April 1, 2012

a very important date

I have always loved the tales of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland so, when I learned that the Royal Opera House would be presenting this story in ballet form, I knew that I needed to find tickets.  Yesterday, I had the most magical afternoon enjoying a beautiful, artistic performance while reflecting nostalgically on a childhood favourite.  The bright and colorful costumery, the skill and strength of the dancers, and the innovative retelling of this tale made this show one of my best experiences in London thus far.

After all, on a dreary Saturday afternoon, who would not want to fall down the rabbit hole and go through the looking glass?

original illustration from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice meeting the caterpillar in Disney's Alice in Wonderland 
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
The Royal Ballet presents Alice in Wonderland at the Royal Opera House 
Alexis, Emily, and I in the stalls